How to Make DIY No Sew Teepee Tent
There is something so special about tents! It is a perfect hideout, reading corner; a place where you make best friends by sharing your ‘don’t tell anyone’ secrets. These moments make some lifelong memories. Thats exactly why we will show you how to DIY a NO sew Teepee tent.
Some things never get old. There are some toys that last over time and no matter what generation, they are still a must-have. A TeePee tent is such a timeless thing and either you are a kid, or an adult, you’d love it in your house.
The best part about them is how easy they are to set-up and disassemble, allowing easy mobility. There is no better place to grow a child’s imagination than tucked away inside a secret hideout. While blanket forts are still a trusty go-to, why not try a Teepee which can stay way longer.
To buy a handmade tent is exorbitant, so best is to make one. I am going to show you how to make a super easy Teepee in less than 10 minutes with most of the supplies available at home. And not to forget a Teepee adds up to your nursery decor. We also have some more creative kids room ideas to match with play and decor goals.
Some fun Play ideas in a Teepee:
- Its a Library:
Make it a reading corner. Children can stack their books and be their Teepee to read books for hours.
2. Indoor Camping:
Is the weather too harsh to be out. Is it raining or snowing? Make this Teepee your camping tent. Put in the fairy lights to give them a feeling of the stars. Give them some popcorn and a sleeping bag.
3. A Circus.
Imagine this to be a circus tent. Stuff in your toy animals and make them do all the acrobatics like in a circus.
4. Sharing a Teepee:
Teaching them to share a Teepee with their friends or siblings. Inculcates values like sharing and bonding in children. In this secret hideout they can create bonds of a lifetime.
5. Artistic corner:
Gather up some art supplies and let them be creative in their own world.
What all we need to make a Teepee:
- 3/4″ or 1/2″ Dowels – Available at Ace hardware (Try to catch Sale). You can also alter the length in the shop or PVC Pipes (will turn out even cheaper)
- Sisal rope – Available at Daiso
- A King size Bedsheet ( I used the car bedsheet) you can use a plain white bedsheet
- Any kids comforter or a small mattress
- Fairy lights
- Car Bunting
1. Place the dowels in the position you want the Teepee to stand. Then take the sisal rope and twine it around the dowels. Take two dowels at a time and then all four together and twine the rope around till you think it is sturdy enough. I drilled holes in the dowels and twirled the sisal rope around it, so it stays stronger. Also, you can use PVC pipes instead of dowels.
2. Then take the mattress or comforter and put it at its position. Place the teepee over your mattress.
3. Take your bedsheet or drop cloth and drape it around the dowels. Use your clothespins at regular intervals to keep the blanket in position.
4. I made this car bunting in 10 minutes to match the Car theme Teepee. Follow the Car Bunting tutorial to see how to make it.
5. Fairy Lights make Fairy Tales.
T. ips while you DIY a Teepee:
1. While assembling the dowels, always twirl the rope in 8 shape. This gives it more sturdiness.
2. . You can use PVC pipes in case you can’t source dowels
3. Using a bunting and fairy lights add a lot of colour and light to your Teepee, making it very attractive.
4. This is Teepee is great for 1 or 2 children.
5. It’s mobile and can be taken to a park or a picnic spot. Easy to carry.